Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Treats

So, every Halloween and April Fools, the Daily Texan comics page has a little event we call Switcheroo. Basically, one comics artist/team teams up switches comics with another. In my case, I decided to switched up Connor Shea, artist of Shea's Rebellion (infinitekick.blogspot.com).

Connor doesn't really have a small set of character he sticks with like I do but he did have some recurring characters and had a string of pie jokes where he only used two characters. I decided to have my own pie joke in a style that was very like his.

This joke actually came about from thinking about the meat pies from Sweeney Todd and wondering if I could incorporate into the comic. I didn't find a way but my mind wandered into the idea that Jesus could have been made into a meat pie, and that after three days he would resurrect. I found the idea funny enough and easy enough to incorporate it into the comic.

Here is Connor's comic btw:



Now I have to deal with an Aids-ridden John. Thanks Connor!

No comments:

Post a Comment